Missourians for Patient Care
Proposed State Law
“The Missouri Patient Care Act” gives Missourians the opportunity to vote on allowing patients with certain medical conditions to have access to medical cannabis. This measure takes the best practices learned from other successful initiatives in other states so that patients have the option to alleviate pain without the side effects of heavy prescription medications.
Press Release: “The Medical Marijuana Ballot Race Just Got a New Fundraising Leader”
Press Release: ‘Missouri Patient Care Act’ Raises Quarter Million for Cannabis Signatures
Read The Full Petition
Fewer Signatures Required
- This statutory initiative requires roughly 60,000 fewer signatures than ALL other petitions to be placed on the ballot
- This language CAN be amended in the future to allow for local and state improvements
- Conversely, a constitutional amendment would write this industry into the Missouri Constitution and would prevent it from being amended in the future
Requires Local Community Support Prior To Any Licensing
- Local community must support prior to or after any local licensing authority has granted local use RSMo 195.909, Section 3
- Details how local communities would allow for medical use RSMo 195.969 & 195.972
Supports Drug Treatment Centers In Missouri
- The Missouri Patient Care Act is the only initiative that supports ALL drug treatment facilities dealing with other drug abuses RSMo 195.961, Section 3(b)
Prevents Wasteful Spending
- Utilizes the existing supervisor of liquor control
- Does not create another government bureaucracy to oversee/implement
- 80-year history of regulating liquor business RSMo 311.660, Section 2
Read The Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 27, 2017 Contact: Mike Colona, Treasurer Missourians for Patient Care Email: email@example.com Phone: 314-531-1333 ‘Missouri Patient Care Act’ Begins Signature Collection Missourians for Patient Care Approval to Circulate...
Missouri Patient Care Act
MPC is excited to officially launch the signature collection process to place this important statutory ballot initiative in front of Missouri voters this year. MPC understands the importance of drafting responsible language that fits well with local authorities, public safety and state government while recognizing the needs of Missouri patients. This blend of ingredients can be found in the Missouri Patient Care Act.